Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: takeout
- Alternative spelling of takeout.
- To remove.
- Please take out the trash before the whole house starts to smell
- To escort someone on a date.
- Let me take you out for dinner
- (idiomatic) To immobilize with force.
- (slang, idiomatic) To kill or destroy.
- (transitive) To obtain by application by a legal or other official process.
- take out a loan; take out medical insurance;
- take out a membership; take out a patent
2012 April 19, Josh Halliday, “Free speech haven or lawless cesspool – can the internet be civilised?”, the Guardian:
- Southwark council, which took out the injunction against Matt, believes YouTube has become the "new playground" for gang members.
to escort someone on a date
slang: to kill or destroy