बुध् • (√budh)
- to wake, wake up, be awake.
- to recover consciousness (after a swoon)
- to observe, heed, attend to (with acc. or gen.).
- to perceive, notice, learn, understand, become or be aware of or acquainted with.
- to think of i.e. present a person (‘with’ instr.).
- to know to be, recognize as (with two acc.).
- to deem, consider or regard as (with two acc.)
- to revive the scent (of a perfume).
- to cause (a flower) to expand.
- to cause to observe or attend, admonish, advise.
- to make a person acquainted with, remind or inform of. impart or communicate anything to (with two acc.)
Terms derived from बुध् (budh)
- Sir Monier Monier-Williams (1898) A Sanskrit-English dictionary etymologically and philologically arranged with special reference to cognate Indo-European languages, Oxford: Clarendon Press, page 733
- William Dwight Whitney, 1885, The Roots, Verb-forms, and Primary Derivatives of the Sanskrit Language, Leipzig: Breitkopf and Härtel, page 106