塡 (radical 32, 土+10, 13 strokes, cangjie input 土心月金 (GPBC), four-corner 42181, composition ⿰土眞)
- 填 (Preferred form used in modern Chinese and Vietnamese Nôm)
- KangXi: page 236, character 15
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 5355
- Dae Jaweon: page 474, character 7
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): not present, would follow volume 1, page 473, character 11
- Unihan data for U+5861
This character is the original form of 填 found in the historical Kangxi dictionary.
(common “Jōyō” kanji)
- to fill in
- to fill up
This character was added to the 2010 Jōyō kanji reform instead of 填, despite 填 being part of the JIS X 0208 standard character set at that time.
From Middle Chinese 填 (MC den, denH). Recorded as Middle Korean 뎐訓 (Yale: tyen) in Sinjeung Yuhap (新增類合 / 신증유합), 1576.
塡 (eumhun 메울 전 (me'ul jeon))
- Hanja form? of 전 (“to fill up”).
Related to Middle Chinese 填 (MC ʈˠiɪn, ʈˠiɪnH).
塡 (eumhun 진정할 진 (jinjeonghal jin))
- (literary Chinese) Alternative form of 鎭 (“Hanja form? of 진 (“to quell”).”)
- 국제퇴계학회 대구경북지부 (國際退溪學會 大邱慶北支部) (2007). Digital Hanja Dictionary, 전자사전／電子字典.