Jump to navigation Jump to search
|to rule; to govern||room; universe|
|simp. and trad.
- (archaic) to rule over an empire; to sit on the throne
- 漢皇重色思傾國，御宇多年求不得。 [MSC, trad.]
- From: 806: Bai Juyi, Song of Everlasting Regret
- Hàn huáng zhòng sè sī qīngguó, yùyǔ duō nián qiú bùdé. [Pinyin]
- A certain emperor of the Han dynasty[note 1] placed a premium on his dalliances, and longed for a beauty who could lay low an empire. He ruled his empire for many years without finding such a beauty.
汉皇重色思倾国，御宇多年求不得。 [MSC, simp.]