See also: Appendix:Variations of "ur"
- Occurs as the nominative singular ending in every class of strong masculine nouns, although not exclusively.
- Occurs as the nominative and accusative ending for many neutral, strong nouns in both numbers.
- Occurs as the nominative singular ending for a few feminine strong nouns.
- Most weak, feminine nouns take this ending in the nominative and accusative plural.
- The majority of strong, masculine adjectives end in -ur in the nominative.
- -our (later Anglo-Norman)
- -ure; making an art or profession from an occupation, e.g. arkitekt (“architect”) → arkitektur (“architecture”)