- An Irish surname, anglicized from Irish Ó Comhraidhe.
- An Irish surname, a variant of Corr.
- An Irish surname, a variant of Currie.
- A Scottish surname, a variant of Currie.
- A locale in the United States.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Curry is the 436th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 74,919 individuals. Curry is most common among White (59.18%) and Black (34.93%) individuals.
Late 18th century, from English curry, from Tamil கறி (kaṟi). One of the few words in which the representation of English /ʌ/ by German /œ/, which was formerly common, remains usual (in this case perhaps reinforced by the North American pronunciation /kɜɹi/).
- Curry in Duden online