Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: DPs
- Initialism of Delivery Point Sequence (a system of automated letter sorting used by the United States Postal Service.)
- (video games) Initialism of damage per second (a standard way to calculate the damage dealt to other players or creatures in online role-playing games.)
- (by extension, video games) A player or unit whose primary role is to deal the maximum amount of damage possible (as opposed to holding the attention of the enemy, healing, or other tasks).
- (government, US) Initialism of Department of Public Safety.
- (NASA, planetology) Initialism of Division for Planetary Sciences.
- (nuclear physics) Initialism of disintegrations per second.