Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: dover
From Old English Dofras, from Latin Dubris, from Brythonic Dubras (“the waters”), from Proto-Celtic *dubros (“water”), from Proto-Indo-European *dʰubrós (“dark”), from *dʰewb- (“deep”). Compare Tauber.
- A major port in Kent, England, the closest point to France.
- A sea area between this port and France
- A local government district in Kent, including this port
- The capital city of the state of Delaware in the United States of America, and the county seat of Kent County.
- A city in New Hampshire, USA, and the county seat of Strafford County.
- A city in Ohio.
- A surname.
port in Kent, England