Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Euro (plural Euros or Euro)
- (proscribed) Alternative spelling of , the currency and coin introduced 1999.
- (soccer, usually followed by the year) The UEFA European Football Championship, a European football competition held between the international teams of Europe every four years.
2012 June 19, Phil McNulty, “England 1-0 Ukraine”, in BBC Sport:
- England could have met world and European champions Spain but that eventuality was avoided by Sweden's 2-0 win against France, and Rooney's first goal in a major tournament since scoring twice in the 4-2 victory over Croatia in Lisbon at Euro 2004.
- Clipping of European
- A ghost town in Western Australia.
- euro (currency)
Ich habe nur noch fünf Euro in meinem Portmonee.
- I just have five euro in my purse.
Gestern habe ich zwei Euro gefunden.
- Yesterday i found two euro.
- The difference between the plurals Euro and Euros is equivalent to the difference between pence and pennies in English: The unchanged plural is used to mean an amount or value, whereas Euros may be used referring to a number of coins. However, the unchanged plural can be used for the latter meaning as well.
- A jocular plural Euronen is common.