Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: kashmir
- A region of the northern part of the Indian subcontinent, located between (and de facto divided between) China, India, and Pakistan.
- 2023 January 11, Rupam Jain, Kanupriya Kapoor, “How India's ruling party is tightening its grip on Kashmir”, in Mike Collett-White, David Clarke, editors, Reuters, archived from the original on 12 January 2023:
- Pakistan has claimed Kashmir since the partition of India in 1947 and the countries have fought two wars over the region, which is also partially claimed by China.
- An intermontane valley situated between Pir Panjal Range and Himadri.
Kashmir (plural Kashmirs)
- Alternative form of
- “Kashmir”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- Kashmir at Google Ngram Viewer
- “Kashmir, pn.”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.
- “Kashmir”, in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: Merriam-Webster, 1996–present.
- “Kashmir”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.
- “Kashmir” in TheFreeDictionary.com, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.: Farlex, Inc., 2003–2023.
- Saul B. Cohen, editor (1998), “Kashmir”, in The Columbia Gazetteer of the World, volume 2, New York: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, page 1514, column 1