Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Valley
valley (plural valleys)
- An elongated depression between hills or mountains, often with a river flowing through it.
- 2013 August 16, John Vidal, “Dams endanger ecology of Himalayas”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 10, page 8:
- Most of the Himalayan rivers have been relatively untouched by dams near their sources. Now the two great Asian powers, India and China, are rushing to harness them as they cut through some of the world's deepest valleys.
- The area which drains into a river.
- Any structure resembling one, e.g., the meeting point of two pitched roofs.
- The internal angle formed by the intersection of two sloping roof planes.
- See also Thesaurus:valley
Terms derived from valley
elongated depression between hills or mountains
- Lenited form of balley.