Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the 1999 movie The Matrix.
- (science fiction) A simulated reality created by sentient machines to subdue humans.
- 2009 September 23, possum, “Re: In which the Trollpa evinzes hizzelf aza profezzional nuizzance”, in talk.religion.buddhism, Usenet, message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
- Now some folks want to claim that we're in the Matrix right now (or that the physical world is an illusion).
- 2017, Chuck Lorre Productions #557 (post-episode text), "The Recollection Dissipation", The Big Bang Theory
- Recent events have made it abundantly clear that the fabric of the universe is unraveling. Reality as you know it, the matrix if you will, is dissolving.
- (figuratively) A social institution or apparatus perceived as largely deceptive or illusory to humans.
From Latin matrix
Matrix f (genitive Matrix, plural Matrizen)
- Matrix in Duden online