- enPR: mĭsʹ-tər, IPA(key): /ˈmɪstəɹ/
- (UK) IPA(key): [ˈmɪstə(ɹ)]
- (US) IPA(key): [ˈmɪstɚ]
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪstə(r)
- Homophones: Mr., mister
Mister (plural Misters)
- General title or respect of an adult male.
- This is Mister Smith, assistant to the President.
- Official title of a military man, usually anyone below rank of captain.
- Official form of address of a president of a nation; Mister President.
- Formal address to any official of an organization; Mister Secretary, Mister Treasurer, Mister Attorney, Mister Justice.
- A warrant officer or cadet in the United States Military Academy at West Point.
- An informal title used before a nickname or other moniker:
- Mister Suave; Mister Baseball
- (titles) (of a man): Mr (Mister, mister), Sir (sir); (of a woman): Ms (Miz, mizz), Mrs (Mistress, mistress), Miss (miss), Dame (dame), (of a non-binary person): Mx (Mixter); (see also): Dr (Doctor, doctor), Madam (madam, ma'am)