Jump to navigation Jump to search
Abbreviation of Mister.
- enPR: mĭsʹ-tər, IPA(key): /ˈmɪstəɹ/
- (UK) IPA(key): [ˈmɪstə(ɹ)]
- (US, Canada) IPA(key): [ˈmɪstɚ]
- Rhymes: -ɪstə(r)
- Homophones: Mister, mister
Mr. (plural Messrs.)
- (US, Canada) Abbreviation of . A title used before the surname in theory, though not generally in practice, above some undefined social level, too old to be addressed as “Master”, not a knight or of some higher rank, and, in Britain though not in the United States, not entitled to be addressed as “Dr.”.
- Mr. John Doe
- Mr. Doe
abbreviation of mister
Abbreviation of .
- (archaic) Alternative form of