- Phonetic Hangul[님]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?
—님 • (-nim)
- (honorific suffix) esteemed; brother, sister, grandfather
님 (nim) is affixed to many kinship terms to make them honorific, often to refer to family members other than one's own.
- 형님 (hyeongnim) (hyeongnim, from 형)
- 누님 (nunim) (nunim, from 누나)
- 오라버님 (orabeonim) (orabeonim, from 오라버니)
님 • (nim)
- (dependent noun, after a person's name) Mr., Mrs. More respectful than 씨 (ssi).
- Mr Hong
- (archaic) lord, darling.
- 씨 (ssi) (ssi)
- 임 (im)( im)