Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "os"
- plural of
- Opinions vary regarding the use of apostrophes when forming the plurals of letters of the alphabet. New Fowler's Modern English Usage, after noting that the usage has changed, states on page 602 that "after letters an apostrophe is obligatory." The 15th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style states in paragraph 7.16, "To avoid confusion, lowercase letters ... form the plural with an apostrophe and an s". The Oxford Style Manual on page 116 advocates the use of common sense.
- A municipality of Hedmark, Norway. Now part of Innlandet
- A municipality of Hordaland, Norway. Was merged with Fusa on 1 January 2020 under the new name of Bjørnafjorden.
- A municipality of Hedmark, Norway, bordering onto Trøndelag. Now part of Innlandet fylke (Hedmark fylke exists no more). Geographically is located in Austerdalen valley. Back in the days (before 1926) this municipality was part of Tolga and included Galåa village (now part of Røros municipality). Between 1966 and 1976 the municipality was merged with Tolga into Tolga-Os kommune.
- A municipality of Hordaland, Norway, not far from Bergen city. Now merged with Fusa, becoming Bjørnafjorden municipality.