Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "sat"
Abbreviation of Boolean satisfiability problem.
- (computing theory) The decision problem of deciding whether a given Boolean formula has an assignment of Boolean values to its variables that makes it true. A famous NP-complete problem.
SAT (plural SATs)
- (US) SAT Reasoning Test (formerly Scholastic Aptitude Test and Scholastic Assessment Test): a national exam taken annually by high school juniors and seniors.
- take the SAT, take an SAT, the SATs have gotten harder
- (Australia) Scholastic Aptitude Test.
- (Britain) Statutory Assessment Test. A national curriculum assessment, or exam.