- (dated) A branch of the Indo-European family of languages, usually divided into three subbranches:
- (dated) The unrecorded ancient language from which all of these languages developed.
- (a branch of Indo-European languages):
- (hypothesized mother tongue of Slavic languages):
unrecorded ancestor of Slavic languages
Slavonic (not comparable)
- Of, denoting, or relating to the people who speak these languages.
- Of, denoting, or relating to Slavonia and its inhabitants.
- (of or pertaining to Slavonia or Slavonic languages): Slavic
Slavic — see Slavic