Jump to navigation Jump to search
A combination of Latin sonus (“sound”) and sonny (“boy”, diminutive).
- (trademark) An international electronics and media company based in Tokyo, Japan.
- 1980, Timothy Crouse, The Boys on the Bus, Ballantine Books,, →ISBN, page 16:
- Connie Chung, the pretty Chinese CBS correspondent, occupied the room next to mine at the Hyatt House and she was always back by midnight, reciting a final sixty-second radio spot into her Sony or absorbing one last press release before getting a good night’s sleep.
- 1993, Martha Gever; Pratibha Parmar; John Greyson, Queer Looks: Perspectives on Lesbian and Gay Film and Video, Routledge, →ISBN, page 76:
- he mostly makes videos—virtually reinventing the diary form with his Sony 8 scrapbook.
- 1995, Victor J. Ramraj, Concert of Voices: An Anthology of World Writing in English, Broadview Press, →ISBN, page 297:
- My memoirs. At night I leave a Sony by my bed. Night is the best time for remembering.
- 1999, Peter Cook, Archigram, Princeton Architectural Press,, →ISBN, page 113:
- The common threads that exist between the fisherman and his Sony and the project above. Robert Smithson's 'Incidents of mirror travel in the Yucatan' are important.
- 2002, Alexander J. Morin, Classical Music: The Listener's Companion, Backbeat Books, →ISBN, page 98:
- Bernstein always understood this symphony, and his Sony recording was for many years one of the best.
- 2003, Nadine Condon, Hot Hits, Cheap Demos: The Real-World Guide to Music Business Success, Backbeat Books, →ISBN, page 34:
- Gary’s roster currently has Tritt and two new Sony artists soon to be hugely famous, JEB and Christy Sutherland.
- 2006, Joseph Finder, Killer Instinct, St. Martin's Press,, →ISBN, page 5:
- Most of the e-mails were blowback from the departure of our divisional vice president, Crawford, who’d just jumped ship to Sony.
An international electronics and media company based in Tokyo, Japan
Sony n (proper noun, strong, genitive Sonys)
- Sony (company)
Sony m or n or f (strong, genitive Sonys or Sony, plural Sonys or Sony)
- Sony (device produced by that company)
- The gender typically mirrors that of the implied common noun; for example, der Sony for a TV because of Fernseher m.
- English terms derived from Latin
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:English/oʊni/2 syllables
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- English trademarks
- English terms with quotations
- German 2-syllable words
- German terms with IPA pronunciation
- German lemmas
- German proper nouns
- German neuter nouns
- German nouns
- German masculine nouns
- German nouns with multiple genders
- German feminine nouns