Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: twitter
From twitter (“to utter a succession of chirps”).
- An online social networking service that enables users to send and read short 140-character messages.
- An account belonging to the above service.
- (transitive, intransitive, Internet) To post an update to Twitter; to tweet.
2016 March 2, Justin Rebello, “Eight top-notch tips for the Twittering attorney"”, Wisconsin Law Journal, retrieved on 2 March 2009:
- Eight top-notch tips for the Twittering attorney
2016 February 23, MSNBC, “Stars can’t stop Twittering at Oscars, parties”, Access Hollywood, retrieved on 2 March 2009:
- Stars can’t stop Twittering at Oscars, parties
tweet — see tweet