Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: umwelt
- One's surroundings or environment; the outer world as perceived by organisms within it.
- 1979, Kyril Bonfiglioli, “After You with the Pistol”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- It seems that these S-E-A-Values are all about what ethnologists call the Umwelt — the area of alarm around members of the brute creation, such as human beings.
- 1990 October 7, S. J. Bodio, A. Shilstone, “Pigeon Racing: Homing in on an 'invisible' sport”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name), volume 21, number 7, pages 80, 10p:
- Still, a pigeon's worldview -- its Umwelt, ...
- 2006, Chris Arthur, “Empty Room”, in Southwest Review, volume 91, number 3, pages p295-312, 18p:
- ... a fragment snipped from the perplexing umwelt of Homo sapiens, our innumerable temporary enclosures.
Umwelt f (genitive Umwelt, plural Umwelten)
Declension of Umwelt
Terms derived from Umwelt
- Umwelt in Duden online