Wiktionary:Requested entries (Indonesian)
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Add glosses or brief definitions.
- Add the part of speech, preferably using a standardized template.
- If you know what a word means, consider creating the entry yourself instead of using this request page.
- For inflected languages, if you see inflected forms (plurals, past tenses, superlatives, etc) indicate the base form (singular, infinitive, absolute, etc) of the requested term and the type of inflection used in the request.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
- limusin (“limousine”)
- juru selamat n., means "saviour" or "messiah" according to Google Translate.
- mampus - (die?) - needs Indonesian --Jackofclubs 10:42, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
- mandor - (surveyer?) - needs Indonesian --Jackofclubs 12:34, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
- mangkok - bowl?
- mengalir - flow? Verb or noun?
- merawat - maternity ? found in phrase "cuti merawat bayi" apparently meaning "maternity leaves"
- pengolahan = processing, cultivation, preparation, tabulation
- panpsikisme = panpsychism
- pencak silat (capitalisation??) - an umbrella term for the martial arts of Indonesia. also spelled penchak silat or pentjak silat
- perbatasan - border?
- pijantung - a kind of bird? (spiderhunter)
- pijantung kecil - a kind of bird?
- pukang - a food or ingredient? ("lontong pukang" = chicken-curry-with-rice cake)
- randai - a folk theater tradition of the Minangkabau ethnic group
- siter - a plucked zither used in gamelan music
- stembus accoord - type of electoral agreement
- Sumatra (missing Indonesian)
- tampan - needs Indonesian - snazzy/sharp-dressed? --Jackofclubs 18:45, 26 December 2008 (UTC)