Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkjuː.bɪt/
- (US) enPR: kyo͞o'bĭt, IPA(key): /ˈkju.bɪt/
- Rhymes: -uːbɪt
- Homophone: qubit
cubit (plural cubits)
- A unit of linear measure, no longer in use, based on the length of the forearm. The exact length of the cubit has varied over time and by region between 38 and 59 cm.
- (anatomy) The ulna.
- ell - originally equal to cubit, but later standardized at 45 inches (114.3 cm) in England.
unit of length
anatomy: ulna — see ulna
- to pinch (to squeeze a small amount of skin)