Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: air space
- (politics, aviation) A specified portion of the atmosphere, especially that under the technical aviation control and/or jurisdiction of a particular state over which territory (and territorial waters) it lies.
- Various European countries transferred the aviation control of their adjoining airspace to Eurocontrol, while each retaining legal jurisdiction
- (aviation) A designated part of the sky for aircraft use.
- (broadcasting) Space (i.e. a few neighboring frequencies) available for broadcasting within a particular frequency band.
- The legalisation of free radios caused a bitter fight for airspace.
- The portion of an enclosed area which contains air, especially breathable air.
- (construction) The cavity in a cavity wall containing air for insulation.
controlled portion of atmosphere
part of sky used by aircraft
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.