Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Basque
- 3 Icelandic
- 4 Latin
- 5 Latvian
- 6 Norwegian Nynorsk
- 7 Romanian
- 8 Swedish
This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
apar (plural apars)
- The three-banded armadillo, Tolypeutes matacus
1895, Richard Lydekker, The Royal Natural History, page 224:
- The apar is mainly diurnal in its habits; and trusts for defence to its power of rolling itself into a ball, not dwelling in burrows like the members of the other genera.
1907, Ernest Ingersoll, The Life of Animals: The Mammals, page 478:
- The apars are noted, indeed, for their lively and restless manners.
- indefinite nominative plural of api
- 2nd person singular present indicative form of apart
- 3rd person singular present indicative form of apart
- 3rd person plural present indicative form of apart
- 2nd person singular imperative form of apart
- (with the particle lai) 3rd person singular imperative form of apart
- (with the particle lai) 3rd person plural imperative form of apart
apar m, f
apar m (plural apari)
declension of apar
- present tense of apa.