Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: appliqué
- (art) A decorative design made by cutting pieces of material and applying them to the surface of another for decoration.
- 1980, “Quiche Lorraine”, in Wild Planet, performed by The B-52's:
- Has anybody seen a dog dyed dark green / […] / And designer jeans with appliques on it?
to decorate in this way
- → Spanish: aplique
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
applique f (invariable)