Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
backlog (plural backlogs)
- An accumulation or buildup, especially of unfilled orders or unfinished work.
- He went to work on Saturday to try to work through the backlog of papers on his desk.
- (video games) In visual novels, a log containing text previously read.
- A reserve source or supply.
- A large log to burn at the back of a fire.
an accumulation or buildup
a reserve source or supply
to acquire something as a backlog, or to become a backlog