Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Beamer
beamer (plural beamers)
- (cricket) A ball, presumed to have been bowled accidentally, that does not bounce, but passes the batsman at head height.
- (chiefly by non-native speakers) A projector.
- Alternative letter-case form of
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Alternative letter-case form of
1986 March 22, “Poughkeepsie Heavily Influenced by World's Largest IBM Facility”, in Schenectady Gazette:
- ...nearby apartment complexes are dubbed "beamer Barracks" for their yuppie "beamer" — or IBM — occupants
1997 August 18, Jan S., “Re: Funny IBM stuff from Katza”, in misc.writing, Usenet:
- It's a shame he wasn't around when one of his best buddies said to a room full of beamers that something (what they'd just offered to a customer) ought to make the customer "as happy as two snakes fuckin' in a bucket of snot".
2011 January 29, “Highlights—January 29, 2011”, in IBM Employee News and Links:
- LIFE IS NOT GOOD for the average Joe and Jane Beamer now.
- (gymnastics, slang) a gymnast proficient with or specializing in the balance beam ("beam")
- A consenter, who assents to a statement