Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (UK) (file)
- An expression of dismay, disgust, anger, surprise etc.
- Bloody hell! My team lost again!
- Bloody hell! Where did you come from, scaring me like that!
- He's not really eating those, is he? Bloody hell! That's disgusting!
- 2006, Alexandra Ivy, When Darkness Comes, page 32,
- Bloody hell, there was little wonder he was distracted. In the past few hours, he had endured more shocks than he had in centuries.
- 2007, Ingrid Winterbach, Elsa Silke (translator), To Hell with Cronjé, page 55,
- Bloody hell! To hell with Milner. No, Oom Paul said after each new concession, no, no further. Send the troops, Alfred Milner said.
- 2007, L. H. Maynard, M. P. N. Sims, Demon Eyes, page 145,
- “Bloody hell,” she moaned. “Bloody hell, bloody hell.” Though her hands were trembling, she managed to reload the crossbow just as Sue had told her; then she began to shakily run towards where she thought the sound had come from.
- placed before a verb to add emphasis to a sentence.
- What the bloody hell are you doing here?
expression of dismay