See also: bread basket
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɹɛdbɑːskɪt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbɹɛdbæskɪt/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Hyphenation: bread‧bas‧ket
breadbasket (plural breadbaskets)
- A basket used for storing or carrying bread.
- A region which has favourable conditions to produce a large quantity of grain or, by extension, other food products; a food bowl.
- (humorous) The abdomen or stomach, especially as a vulnerable part of the body in an attack.
- (region): granary
- (region): rice bowl
basket for storing or carrying bread
food bowl — see food bowl
stomach — see stomach