Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Caban
caban (plural cabans)
- (Philippines) A grain measure equal to 3.47 cubic feet, used in the Philippine Islands.
- 1916, Fedor Jagor; Tomas de Comyn; Chas. Wilkes; Rudolf Virchow., The Former Philippines thru Foreign Eyes:
- After a good harvest the caban fetches four reales; but just before the harvest the price rises to one dollar, and often much higher.
- 1906, John Foreman, The Philippine Islands:
- Eusebio Mazorca further states: --"The Governor receives payment of the tribute in rice-paddy, which he credits to the native at two reales in silver per caban.
caban in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
caban m (plural cabans)
- → German: Caban
- “caban” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
caban m pl
- plural of