Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of removing one's hat as a token of respect.
- 1603, Michel de Montaigne, chapter 17, in John Florio, transl., The Essayes, […], book II, printed at London: By Val[entine] Simmes for Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821:
- I am very prodigall of cappings, namely in Summer, and I never receive any from what quality of men soever, but I give them as good and as many as they bring, except he be some servant of mine.
- (geology) the leached upper part of a body or rock that still contains disseminated sulphide mineral deposit.
- The process of covering a borehole in order to seal an oil well.
- The selling of a security etc. close to an expiry date.
- (mathematics) The conversion of a polyhedron into a stellated polyhedron by raising a pyramid on each face.
- (Internet slang) The recording of a television broadcast to one's computer.