- (idiomatic) To continue or proceed as before.
- I'll be gone for a few days, but I hope you will carry on in my absence.
- To take baggage or luggage onto an airplane, rather than check it.
- You may only carry on items that are smaller than a certain size.
- (idiomatic) To have or maintain.
- It is difficult to carry on a conversation with so many distractions.
- to carry on commerce in a market
- (idiomatic) To act or behave; especially to misbehave so as to attract attention.
- I really wish you wouldn't carry on like that in public!
- (idiomatic) To have an illicit sexual relationship.
- I thought he was my friend, but all the time he was carrying on with my wife!
To continue or proceed as before
To take baggage or luggage onto an airplane, rather than check it