catch a cold
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To contract a cold.
- (idiomatic) To encounter difficulties.
- 2014 March 22, Rupert Jones, “Retiring abroad? Don't catch a cold because of the state pension freeze”, in The Guardian:
- Don't catch a cold because of the state pension freeze.
- 2018 February 14, Gary Howes, “British Pound to Languish Below 1.10 vs. Euro as Recession Beckons in 2021 say Scandinavian Economists”, in Pound Sterling:
- If the U.S. goes into recession in 2021, the rest of the world is expected to catch a cold.
contract a cold
- catch a cold at OneLook Dictionary Search