Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (hydrology) An area from which water drains into a particular lake, river, etc.; the catchment area of a large river includes its tributaries.
- The area served by a local institution, such as a hospital or school, or by extension, a railway station.
- 2019 October, “Funding for 20tph East London Line service”, in Modern Railways, page 18:
- As well as the new station, the funding will allow the building of the Chelmsford North East bypass, enhancing access to and the catchment area of the station.
area served by a local institution
- “catchment area” in Colin McIntosh, editor, Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 4th edition, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2013, →ISBN; reproduced on the Cambridge English Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, retrieved 1 March 2017.
- “catchment area” in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press.