See also: Centaur
- (astronomy): Centaur
- enPR: sĕn'tô(r), IPA(key): /ˈsɛntɔː(ɹ)/
- Rhymes: -ɛntɔː(ɹ)
- (US, Canada, also) IPA(key): /ˈsɛntɑɹ/
- Hyphenation: cen‧taur
centaur (plural centaurs)
- (Greek mythology) A mythical beast having a horse's body with a man's head and torso in place of the head and neck of the horse.
- (astronomy) An icy planetoid that orbits the Sun between Jupiter and Neptune (also capitalised).
- (chess) A chess-playing team comprising a human player and a computer who work together.
mythical half-man, half-horse