Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: chateau
- A French castle, fortress, manor house, or large country house.
- Any stately residence imitating a distinctively French castle.
- An estate where wine is produced and often bottled, especially in Bordeaux.
a French castle, fortress, manor house, or large country house
any stately residence imitating a distinctively French castle
an estate where wine is produced and often bottled
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- “château” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “château” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "château" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
château m (plural châteaux)
- castle (fortified building or similar structure; winegrower's estate).
- château d'eau
- château de sable
- château de cartes
- château lapompe
- châteaux en Espagne
- "château" in the WordReference Dictionnaire Français-Anglais, WordReference.com LLC, 2006.