Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
checkpoint (plural checkpoints)
- A point or place where a check is performed, especially a point along a road or on a frontier where travellers are stopped for inspection
- The travellers were stopped at the checkpoint.
- (computing) a situation, often represented by a point in time, at which the state of a database system is known to be valid, and to which it can be returned in the event of a crisis by using a combination of backups and logs; the data stored at this event
- After the crash, we rolled back the database to the last checkpoint.
- (video games) A predetermined point in a map, level or scenario that the player may resume from if they die or restart from if they choose to.
- You can't finish the race if you haven't passed all of the checkpoints on the track.
point along a road or on a frontier
- To set a checkpoint