Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Cherish
Audio (US) (file)
- To treat with tenderness, care and affection; to nurture or protect with care
1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 12, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- There were many wooden chairs for the bulk of his visitors, and two wicker armchairs with red cloth cushions for superior people. From the packing-cases had emerged some Indian clubs, […], and all these articles […] made a scattered and untidy decoration that Mrs. Clough assiduously dusted and greatly cherished.
- To hold dear, to have a deep appreciation of
- I cherish your friendship.
- (obsolete) To cheer, gladden.
to nurture with care