Jump to navigation Jump to search
classmate (plural classmates)
- A student who is in the same class at school.
- 2018, Tsitsi Dangarembga, This Mournable Body, Faber & Faber (2020), page 353:
- She was your classmate at the village school from first grade.
- Danny and I have been classmates for five years, but I've never spoken to him outside of lessons.
- (by extension) A member of a different sort of class, such as locomotives etc.
- 2019 October 23, Rail, page 30:
- The Class 87 is the only main line-certified member of the fleet left in the UK, although there are 21 classmates in use overseas [...]
student who is in the same class at school