Jump to navigation Jump to search
cocoon (plural cocoons)
- The silky protective case spun by the larvae of some insects in which they metamorphose, the pupa.
- Any similar protective case, whether real or metaphorical.
any similar protective case, whether real or metaphorical
- (transitive) To envelop in a protective case.
- 2021, Rivers Solomon, Sorrowland, #Merky Books, page 163:
- Vern grabbed the throw draped over the back of the sofa and cocooned herself within it.
- (intransitive) To withdraw into such a case.
envelop in a protective case