Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Reasonable and convincing; based on evidence.
- Appealing to the intellect or powers of reasoning.
- Forcefully persuasive; relevant, pertinent.
- The prosecution presented a cogent argument, convincing the jury of the defendant's guilt.
(Can we add an example for this sense?)
reasonable and convincing; based on evidence
appealing to the intellect or powers of reasoning
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.