Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To become congealed; to convert from a liquid to a semisolid mass.
- In cheese making, milk coagulates into curds that become cheese.
- (transitive) To cause to congeal.
- Rennet coagulates milk; heat coagulates the white of an egg.
cause to congeal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
coagulate (not comparable)
- (obsolete) Coagulated.
coagulate (plural coagulates)
mass formed by means of coagulation
- coagulate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- coagulate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- coagulate at OneLook Dictionary Search