Jump to navigation Jump to search
comparator (plural comparators)
- Any device for comparing a physical property of two objects, or an object with a standard.
- An electronic device that compares two voltages, currents or streams of data.
- (law) anything that serves comparison
- 2014 May 20, European Court of Human Rights, McDonald v. The United Kingdom, number 4241/12, marginal 48:
- The applicant is therefore complaining not of a lack of action but rather of the decision of the local authority to reduce the care package that it had hitherto been making available to her. As such, a more appropriate comparator would be the case of Watts v. The United Kingdom (dec.), no. 53586/09 of 4 May 2010, in which the Court was content to proceed on the basis that a decision to close the care home where the elderly applicant was resident and to transfer her to another home constituted an interference with her rights under Article 8.
- 2017 November 9, United States District Court for the District of Connecticut, Roxanne Khazarian vs. Gerald Metals, LLC, Metals Trading Corp., Gerald Holdings, LLC, Craig Dean, and Dan Gamez, numbers 3:16-cv-01762(VAB):
- Roxanne Khazarian (“Plaintiff”) moved to compel discovery from Gerald Metals, LLC and Metals Trading Corp (“Defendants”), seeking the personnel file of Gary Lerner, an employee of Defendants. […] Defendants object to the production of these documents on the grounds that Mr. Lerner is not an appropriate comparator for Ms. Khazarian and his personnel file is therefore irrelevant.
- (computing) An application or program that compares prices, rates, tariffs of flights, smartphones, cars, etc.
device for comparing a physical property of two objects
electronic device that compares two voltages, currents or streams of data
computing: application that compares prices
- (Classical) IPA(key): /kom.paˈraː.tor/, [kɔmpäˈräːt̪ɔr]
- (modern Italianate Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /kom.paˈra.tor/, [kompäˈräːt̪or]
- Catalan: comprador
- Italian: compratore
- Occitan: crompador
- Portuguese: comprador
- Romanian: comparator, cumpărător
- Spanish: comprador
- “comparator”, in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- comparator in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire illustré latin-français, Hachette
comparator n (plural comparatoare)
Declension of comparator
|indefinite articulation||definite articulation||indefinite articulation||definite articulation|
|nominative/accusative||(un) comparator||comparatorul||(niște) comparatoare||comparatoarele|
|genitive/dative||(unui) comparator||comparatorului||(unor) comparatoare||comparatoarelor|