Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Eating away; having the power of gradually wearing, hanging, or destroying the texture or substance of a body; as the corrosive action of an acid.
- Having the quality of fretting or vexing.
- destroying or undermining something gradually.
destroying texture or substance of a body
corrosive (plural corrosives)
- That which has the quality of eating or wearing away gradually.
- Any solid, liquid or gas capable of irreparably harming living tissues or damaging material on contact.
substance harming living tissue or damaging material
- (Classical) IPA(key): /kor.roːˈsiː.u̯e/, [kɔrːoːˈs̠iːu̯ɛ]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /kor.roˈsi.ve/, [korːoˈs̬iːve]