- all-inclusive; affecting the whole world.
- (of a place or institution) composed of people from all over the world.
- (of a person) at ease in any part of the world.
- (biology, ecology) growing or living in many parts of the world; widely distributed.
composed of people from all over the world
at ease in any part of the world
growing in many parts of the world; widely distributed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
cosmopolitan (plural cosmopolitans)
- A cosmopolitan person; a cosmopolite.
- 1934, Agatha Christie, chapter 3, in Murder on the Orient Express, London: HarperCollins, published 2017, page 25:
- 'She is extremely rich. A cosmopolitan.'
- A cocktail containing vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice.
- A butterfly, Vanessa cardui
- (Vanessa cardui): cosmopolite
cosmopolite — see cosmopolite