Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɔɹtiɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɔːtɪə/
- (rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /ˈko(ː)ɹtiɚ/
- (non-rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /ˈkoətɪə/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)tiə(ɹ)
courtier (plural courtiers)
- A person in attendance at a royal court.
- A person who flatters in order to seek favour.
- (entomology) Any of various nymphalid butterflies of the Asian genus Sephisa.
attendant at a royal court
a person who flatters in order to seek favour