See also: crackup
|Problems listening to this file? See media help.|
- (idiomatic, intransitive) To laugh heartily.
- It was hilarious. We were cracking up the whole time.
- (idiomatic, transitive) To cause to laugh heartily.
- The joke about the nuns in the bath cracked me up.
- (intransitive, idiomatic) To become insane; to suffer a mental breakdown.
- She got through the war, but cracked up when her sister died.
- (transitive, informal, now usually passive) To cry up; to extol.
- This new computer system is not what it was cracked up to be.