Jump to navigation Jump to search
cutlass (plural cutlasses)
- (nautical) A short sword with a curved blade, and a convex edge; once used by sailors when boarding an enemy ship.
- 2015 September 1, Sarah J. Maas, Queen of Shadows, →ISBN:
- She could feel Tern’s stare fixed right between her shoulder blades, and knew he was aching to plunge his cutlass there.
- A similarly shaped tool; a machete.
a short sword with a curved blade
machete — see machete
- (transitive) To cut back (vegetation) with a cutlass.