Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Machete
machete (plural machetes)
- A sword-like tool used for cutting large plants with a chopping motion. A machete's blade is usually 50 to 65 centimeters (cm) long, and up to three millimeters (mm) thick.
a sword-like tool
- To cut or chop with a machete.
- After some hours of intense work, we had macheted a path through the jungle to the bank of the river.
- To hack or chop crudely with a blade other than a machete.
- You can't just machete about with a rapier and expect to succeed; you need to thrust properly.
Declension of machete (irregular)
machete m (invariable)
machete m (plural machetes)